It has been a busy summer for our church plant! We are thankful to God for all the ways that he has been at work in our midst. We are consistently reminded of how good, kind, and gracious God is to us! We have much to be thankful for. Here are just a few ways we have seen his kindness to us:
- One new family has been faithfully attending our Core Group meetings. And one other person has been attending and has expressed an interest to continue doing so!
- The ABSC is planning to help us with funding, at a level that exceeds our expectations!
- Possible open door for us to meet for worship at a Midtown-area private school (continue to pray for this)!
- Relatively smooth transition for the Reissigs, including the Lord’s provision at work in Daniel’s job!
- Opportunity to meet and get to know some local area pastors
We’re continuing to meet with our Core Group every other Thursday night. Our meetings have been a joy, with a true sense of worship and fellowship. Daniel and I have been teaching through the foundational ideas for the church plant, and we’ll continue to do so through the month of August. We are hoping to begin meeting on Sunday mornings in September. Not everything will be in place for a full-scale launch, but we are excited nonetheless about worshipping together with the people the Lord has brought to our group. Would you join us in praying for that transition as it approaches?
Our long-term plan at this point is to continue these informal gatherings on Sunday morning until some point early next year. At that point, we hope to re-evaluate and plan for an official launch to Midtown Baptist Church! There is so much that needs to happen before that point. So, would you continue to pray with us about those long-term needs (wisdom, faithfulness in the present, funding, “permanent” place to meet, additional team members, etc.)?
Here are some other prayer requests. We appreciate so much your prayers and support!
- Meeting space for Sunday morning gatherings
- 1 to 3 more families added to our Core Group
- Continued favor with the Arkansas Baptist State Convention and other local churches
- Open doors for the gospel with our neighbors and co-workers
- Time management (school starts back in August, teaching load in the church plant increases to every week in September)
- Faithfulness on our part to be shepherding our own hearts and families
- Faithfulness to the Word of God, even in these early days